Broccoli is one of my favorite Super Foods. Most people don’t normally think of veggies as a source of Protein, but just one cup of chopped broccoli contains 3 grams of muscle building goodness! In addition to protein, Broccoli has high levels of all kinds of great nutrients. My husband and I usually incorporate Broccoli into our weekly meal plans so I am always looking for new ways to prepare it.
This is definitely one of my top 10 ways to cook Broccoli!
It’s Quick, Easy, and Super Yummy!
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh Broccoli (2lb bag of florets/2-3heads)
- A Lemon (for Zest & Juice)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (I use Fat Free)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Other things that will be helpful:
- A sheet pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking Spray
- A large bowl
- A zester/grater
- A Lemon Squeezer or Juicer
- Garlic Press
- Pre-Heat your Oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
(also make sure your rack is placed in the middle)
- Cover a sheet pan with Aluminum Foil & spritz with Cooking Spray
- While the oven is warming up, Wash your Broccoli and separate it in to florets if needed
- Zest the whole lemon, then juice one half. You will need about 1Tbsp of zest and 1.5-2Tbsp of juice.
- Then mince your Garlic Cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the Broccoli, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, & Garlic
- Mix until the broccoli is evenly Coated
- Spread the Broccoli evenly on your pan then sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese, Salt & Pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes
- After you have taken the Broccoli out of the oven, garnish with the lemon zest.
I would say this recipe makes about 5-6 servings. We were able to eat it with dinner and I still had plenty to pack up for my husband’s lunches. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this recipe or if you have another Broccoli recipe you would like to share!